JMSA Interview Series
The aim of this project is to create an enjoyable online interview series of healthcare professionals of the Japanese communities in the United States and Japan.
All interviews will be conducted by members in training, in order to promote youth involvement in JMSA. We are actively recruiting interviewers from both the USA and Japan. Interviews can be conducted in person, by phone, or even by email. Click here to view our latest interview with Dr. Amano.
Central themes include:
- International collaboration
- Choosing a specialty
Benefits of joining this project include:
- It'll be fun!
- Become involved with JMSA
- Others will benefit from your interviews
- Foster a relationship with interviewees -- it's often difficult as a student to get to know attendings at a personal level, and this project allows a unique platform to start relationships which hopefully lead to meaningful mentorships
- Include the interview in your resume as a "web publication"
Interviews are transcribed and posted on this website along with photographs and biographies. Target audiences include colleagues, patients, and the general public. Please contact us if you would like to join this project in any capacity. Also, please let us know if you have ideas to make this project bigger and better.
Yoshihiro Yonekawa (Contact Person, Harvard Ophthalmology PGY2)
Yumi Ando (Cornell MS IV)
Lindsay Gibbon (Cornell MS III)
Alisa Prager (Columbia MS I)
Miyuki Tanino (Cornell MS III)
Yusuke Terasaki (Cornell General Sugery PGY2)
Hanano Watanabe (Cornell MS III)
Funding provided by:
JMSA and Honjo Foundation